Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 3 Reflections

Curtis Bonk's article, "The Perfect E-Storm: emerging technology, enormous learner demand, enhanced pedagogy, and erased budgets" (2004) published by The Observatory on Higher Education generated quite a bit of discussion this week. The overall response to Bonk's list of 30 emerging technologies is a feeling of never being able to keep up. I guess you just start with something you think will help your students learn the content and see how it works. It could be easy to get caught up in the cool tools.

The electronic concept maps is one tool I can see a use for in my work. I've used concept mapping when I work with instructors to develop a new course using big paper and colored markers. Now I will have the option to use this strategy electronically. No more toting big rolls of paper around! I happened upon a list of 50 Uses for Inspiration on UW Stout's website. It might give a couple more ideas on how to use this tool.

The jigsaw midterm project should result in a useful list of tools for online teaching and learning. My teammates are go getters and I'm looking forward to working with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment